Saturday 5 January 2008

Plight of Chinese workers revs up union, Weekend Australian, 5 January, 2008.

Plight of Chinese workers revs up union: [1 All-round Country Edition]

Stapleton, JohnWeekend Australian; Canberra, A.C.T. [Canberra, A.C.T] 05 Jan 2008: 2.
Jack Jing, 20, who believed he was owed $9300, said the men were angry. "I thought I would get paid so I kept working," he said. "It was very hard work. I am very angry at the boss. I don't know what I can do now. My friends are supporting me."
"The boss was very, very good at talking, saying, `I will pay you later'," he said. "Later, later. They gave us a cheque and it was cancelled. A lot of us now have financial problems because we worked for so long without pay."
"Everyone is very angry," he said. "How would you feel if you were working and the company didn't pay you before Christmas? What if you want to buy something for your children or your girlfriend? You just sit still and you are crying."

Full Text

No comments:

Post a Comment