Saturday 1 March 2008

New Aussie movie sends a message - Speaking up for autism, Weekend Australian, 1 March, 2008.

New Aussie movie sends a message - Speaking up for autism: [1 All-round Country Edition]

James Madden, John StapletonWeekend Australian [Canberra, A.C.T] 01 Mar 2008: 11.
Show highlighting
ASA spokesman Anthony Perl said that given the "broad spectrum" of the condition, it was impossible to portray a one-size-fits-all example of the life of an autistic person. "But the film's great strength is that it demonstrates how autism affects the lives of others."
"It was pretty interesting being in the movie, when we played together as animals," [Tyne] said. "Autism means someone always likes to be alone, sometimes you like being with people and sometimes you don't. My talking, my sounds, it's difficult just a bit. It worries me a bit.
"I work at the library, I started last year. It's going well. I don't have any problems. I want to keep going working in the library. That's it. I put the books away and the DVDs away. It's OK work. A happy person? Yeah, I am."

No comments:

Post a Comment