Thursday 28 August 2008

Future stars from the Bradman school, The Australian, 28 August, 2008

Future stars from the Bradman school

Stapleton, JohnThe Australian [Canberra, A.C.T] 28 Aug 2008: 6.
Show highlighting
School vice-captain Bryce Clark, 12, said it would be "magical" to play for Australia. "I have always dreamed of being a great cricketer and following in the Don's footsteps," he said. "It is awesome to think we go to the same school."
At the tribute dinner in Sydney last night, [Sam Loxton] reminisced about bowling his first ball to [Don Bradman]. "It hit the square leg fence at lightning speed," Loxton said. "He trotted down the pitch as I followed through to the side and by a strange coincidence our eyes met. It was the perfect opportunity to introduce myself. `That was a pretty good nut,' I said. He replied: `It was a better shot, Sam."'
"Talking about the Olympics, I think he's (Mark) Spitz and (Michael) Phelps and more," the Australian captain said. "As far as I'm concerned, he's the greatest sportsman I've ever seen."

No comments:

Post a Comment