Thursday 13 November 2008

One in five doubting dads right, The Australian, 13 November, 2008.

One in five doubting dads right

Stapleton, JohnThe Australian [Canberra, A.C.T] 13 Nov 2008: 5.
Show highlighting
"I was shocked, upset. The fact that I spent three years of my life being lied to," he said. "I read that first letter over and over again. It was just unbelievable to me. It is hard to put into words.
Director of Queensland DNA Andrea Hayward also said about 20 per cent of their tests proved non-paternity. "The stronger message is that 80 per cent of those people who have doubts get good news, and have their doubts wiped away," she said.
John Flanagan from the Fairness in Child Support group said legislation to jail fathers if they obtained a DNA test was outrageous. "The Family Court often deliberately obstructs fathers seeking natural justice through a DNA test," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment