Saturday 3 January 2009

Fear ever present but future not so Bleak, Weekend Australian, 3 January, 2009.

Fear ever present but future not so Bleak

Stapleton, JohnWeekend Australian [Canberra, A.C.T] 03 Jan 2009: 8.
Show highlighting
For The Australian and The Weekend Australian's cartoonist Bill Leak, the idea for today's cartoon came right on schedule -- at 10.30am yesterday, just before the paper's morning news conference.
"The doctors have warned me that I will discover I can't do things I have always taken for granted," Leak said. "I live in quiet expectation of finding out what those things are. It is awful. It is a fear something is going to be taken away."
Leak still looks at ease as he sketches rapidly. "The drawing is pure pleasure," he said. "But cartoons are more than just about drawing, they are visual concepts.

No comments:

Post a Comment