Monday 2 June 2008

Breast cancer rate fall mirrors HRT decline, The Australian, 2 June, 2008.

Breast cancer rate fall mirrors HRT decline

Stapleton, JohnThe Australian [Canberra, A.C.T] 02 June 2008: 3.
"Breast cancer incidence rates in women aged 50 years and older, who comprise the majority of HRT users, increased up to 2001," she said. "But after 2001, incidence rates in this age group fell, corresponding to the drop in use of HRT.
"By contrast, there was no change in breast cancer incidence among women younger than 50, who rarely use HRT."
"As a nurse, looking at my history, I knew this was out of the ordinary," she said. "If it was just one tumour I might have assumed I had just fallen in to the one in eight women who get breast cancer. But I got two, while I was on HRT."

Full Text

No comments:

Post a Comment