Monday 9 June 2008

Club manager apologises - Staff stand by claims against MPs, The Australian, 9 June, 2008.

Club manager apologises - Staff stand by claims against MPs

Higgins, Ean. John Stapleton. The Australian [Canberra, A.C.T] 09 June 2008: 2.
One of the statutory declarations, which can lead to up to five years' imprisonment if they are found by a court to be falsely made, was that of [Steven Anthony Twitchin], the manager of Iguanas. In that sworn declaration, Mr Twitchin said that after he intervened in an escalating dispute between his staff and Ms [Belinda Neal] and Mr [John Della Bosca], almost immediately Ms Neal "told me I would lose my liquor licence in three months".
Mr Twitchin says in his statutory declaration that afterwards, as Ms Neal and Mr Della Bosca prepared to drive away with the state minister in the driver's seat, he "expressed concern that as licensee, two of my patrons were about to leave in a car after consuming an amount of alcohol". "My operations manager contacted police to report the drink-drive situation," he wrote.
"Ms Niel (sic) proceeded to call me 'a liar', 'immature', 'ignorant', 'rude' and described the way I handled their relocation as 'a disgrace'

Full Text

No comments:

Post a Comment